The Foreign Resort – our Danish post-punk favourites released their new single “Outnumbered” yesterday. The new song is a preview for the forthcoming album by the same name. The album will be released on April 5 followed by a 3-week North American tour.
The single is available on all digital platforms: Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Deezer etc. and also features a remix of the TFR classic “Under Bright Neon Stars” done by their friends and touring pals NITE from Dallas, TX.
Mikkel Borbjerg Jakobsen “The song “Outnumbered” is about us, being part of a large minority, watching how the corporate world has convinced large parts of the European and American populations that immigrants are stealing our money and committing crime while it is really them, the mega rich, who are taking everyone’s money and setting us up against each other.”
The album “Outnumbered” will be released digital and for all fans of vinyl and CD. The Foreign Resort are going to print new shirts we the new design. Everything will be available on their Bandcamp page.
About the band:
The Foreign Resort combines the shadowy mysticism of The Cure’s Pornography era with a driving production aesthetic akin to LCD Soundsystem. Intricate reverb-enveloped guitar lines glide over Steffan Petersen’s motorik bass and Morten Hansen’s powerful drumming, all while Mikkel Borbjerg Jakobsen’s taut and sincere vocal delivery demands your attention.
The Foreign Resort have toured relentlessly, addicted to the allure of America’s lost highways, sharing bills with bands like Cold Cave, DIIV, The Soft Moon, She Past Away, The KVB, Slowdive, Minor Victories, Ash Code and many more. Since 2010, the band has been rigorous in playing more than 420 shows across North America and Europe with performances at several festivals including SXSW, Iceland Airwaves, Wave Gotik Treffen, Canadian Music Week, POP Montreal and Nocturnal Culture Night. See below for full 2019 tour dates.
- February 22 Anarkist, Odense, Denmark
- February 23 Stengade, Copenhagen, Denmark
- February 28 Skjul Fyra Sex, Gothenburg, Sweden
- March 1 On The Rocks, Helsinki, Finland
- March 2 Klubb Död @ Nalen, Stockholm, Sweden
- March 23 Dark Spring Festival, Berlin, Germany
- April 4 Out From The Shadows Festival, Portland, OR
- April 5 Coopers, Nevada City, CA
- April 6 Elbo Room, Oakland, CA
- April 7 TBC, Los Angeles, CA
- April 8 The Merrow, San Diego, CA
- April 9 Metro Music Hall, Salt Lake City, UT
- April 10 Neurolux, Boise, ID
- April 11 Verboden Festival, Vancouver, BC
- April 12 Seagaze Festival, Seattle, WA
- April 13 Red Party, New York, NY
- April 14 TBC, Boston, MA
- April 15 TBC, Toronto, ON
- April 16 UFO Factory, Detroit, MI
- April 17 Beat Kitchen, Chicago, IL
- April 18 The Red Sea, Minneapolis, MN
- April 19 RecordBar, Kansas City, MO
- April 20 Sinkhole, St. Louis, MO